Monday, April 6, 2009

Avocado Adventure

...well, I thought it was clever...sort of.

Okay, moving on from my cheesy title, today's adventure was using up a half an avocado left over from last night's enchiladas (don't ask me how that happens, avocados are one of my favorite foods and I never seem to have enough--let alone left overs). While browsing vegweb.com, one of my favorite pastimes/ ways to kill time/ habits, I saw the recipe for Avocado Fudge. At first imagining some sort of sickly green quivering concoction, I was a little hesitant to continue reading the recipe; but I soon realized that this was a real, legitimate chocolate fudge recipe. Ahhh chocolate--the magic word.

Don't let the word "avocado" fool you--this recipe is anything but healthy. There's still enough sugar and margarine in it to clog your arteries right up.

After using my terrible, terrible blender to squish up avocado and margarine (which looked like some sort of horrific Dr. Frankenstein-type of experiment), I went to mix in powdered sugar when I realized that I was all out. So, being a great improvisor, I went back to the not-so-trusty blender and whizzed some regular sugar, hoping to come out with a fine, powdery substance perfect for fudge making. This did not happen, and instead I gave up and used some sort of half-powdered, half-regular sugar combination, giving my fudge the consistency of a gooey sand.

Not one to be detered by sand-textured fudge, I pressed the batter into a plastic container, swirled some peanut butter on top and stuck it in the fridge to chill for a few hours.

Ahhh, sweet delicious, creamy fudge. It is positvely sinful. Still a little grainy, but it is firm and very fudgey. Next time I'll use powdered sugar and will hopefully have better results, but this was still quite good.

And by "quite good" I mean that I've eaten half of it already.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment