Sunday, June 14, 2009

'bout that time

Tomorrow I will be hopping the pond in search of grey skies, ancient castles, ruins, bustling metropolises, and someone who is willing to teach me how to play the bagpipes.

That's right, after months of anticipation, the time for my study abroad trip to Scotland is finally here! The challenges of having a chronic illness are creeping up on me just before I depart, but I remain hopeful that everything will be in check by the time I step onto my airplane tomorrow. I'm so nervous that I could just throw up, but my friends and family have been so reassuring as I get crazier and crazier, so I'm starting to feel a little bit better.

I have a whole list of things to do today, including packing, getting last minute supplies, finishing up a paper...which I am supposed to be doing right now. Whoopsie.

This blog will temporarily transform from a food blog to a travel log, a place for me to record and reflect upon my journeys into Far Far Away. I hope you will enjoy it!

If anyone wishes to stay in contact with me while I'm overseas, please email me at mtdimuzio@gmail.com. I love to hear from old friends and new friends--but no creepers, please.

Wish me luck on my travels!

1 comment:

  1. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh omg omg omg i am so excited!

    ReplyDelete